Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Journey

I have been thinking a lot lately about what it is I want to do with this blog.  I still cannot answer that question.  I am such an organized person that it is very hard for me to not have a focus or destination in mind.  Perhaps this is something that I need to do that does not have a specific focus.  Something that I can use to just write and create without having any one specific goal in mind.  When did I become such an uptight person?  Perhaps I can use this as a medium to let go a little bit.  To just exhale.......

Perhaps it is not the destination that I need to focus on for a change.  Perhaps I should just enjoy the journey and find out for myself what is around that next bend.  To just enjoy what the journey is instead of rushing to reach the end of the rainbow!  Why do we always chase after the pot of gold instead of just enjoying the view?



"Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer."

 ~William S. Burroughs

2 comments:

  1. I have always been one of those that takes the time to smell the roses and enjoy the now. The future is unpredictable it can be changed in a instant by what is happening in the present. So take Mr. Burroughs' advise, just relax and enjoy the now. Ok, Ok, I know easier done than said!;-)
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is easier said than done Therese! I used to not be like this. It just seems that as I got older I have become so caught up in the rat race that it is hard to just be.

    ReplyDelete