Friday, August 26, 2011

Beads from Afar!

Beading Daily has a wonderful group of forums for bead artists. They also have a bead barter forum and today I sent out packages to two ladies. One in Tulsa OK and one in France! I am really very excited about this. I sent out some stringing type beads and some tiger tail to the lady in OK and she in return is sending me seed beads and some books on beading. The lady in France is receiving 35 grams of sterling silver wire and several packs of sterling findings. She is sending me a large lot of Toho seeds in earth tone colors and several cabs as well! I am so excited! Where I live the only place for me to find seeds is on the internet so receiving them from ladies that do not use them anymore opens up a whole new world of seeds for me. I am as excited as a kid in a candy store. Its a good way to trade and all it costs is the postage. Now if I could just get a day off of work so that I could make something lol

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about the barter forum at Beading Daily. Do you just take someone's word for it that they will send the stuff? It sound's like a really good idea, but I'm not sure I'd trust someone to send what they say they will. I sure do have a lot of stuff I'd like to get rid of. I was thinking of doing Ebay though.

    If you have any questions about blogging, please feel free to ask me. I'll try to answer if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Doreen you have to take someones word that they will send it. It usually envolves a bunch of email photo swapping and I have received tracking numbers for what they send. It is a good way to get rid of stuff you do not use anymore and to possibly get something that you may use.

    ReplyDelete